I referred a newly single mum of severely disabled child, who is grieving the loss of another child. She would be lost without the support of Home-Start and would be coming to Health Visiting Team on a daily basis.
Many parents need support, friendship or an extra pair of hands during those early years when children are young. There is no rule book for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times. If you are a parent with young children, living in Leicester, Charnwood, Melton or Rutland, Blaby District, Oadby and Wigston then we may be able to help you.
Our support is free, confidential and non-judgmental. As a parent you may feel in need of our help for all sorts of reasons. We help…
- Parents with several young children,including multiple births.
- Parents who are new to the area or are feeling isolated
- Mums with post natal illness or mental health issues
- Parents who are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted
- Families coping with domestic abuse
- Families coping with illness or disabilities
Our fully trained volunteers are all parents themselves and will visit you in your own home to help you where you need it the most. If you ask for Home-Start’s help you can be sure of complete confidentiality. All staff and volunteers have an enhanced level criminal records check.
How can Home-Start help? We can provide…
- Emotional support to help parents find ways to manage and resolve problems
- Practical help – getting to appointments, help with shopping, budgeting, cooking and making the home safe
- Playing, listening, reading with the children
- Help with establishing routines, encouraging development and providing outings and trips
- Information and links to health, educational services and local groups